Sign in to follow this  
Paribo

number of players

Just curious, is the staff of Tarkin 2 pleased with the number of players on the server?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Paribo said:

Just curious, is the staff of Tarkin 2 pleased with the number of players on the server?

I don't presume to talk for Lia or Paradym, but here are a few things I feel are and have been important to me as well as making my time in Tarkins Revenge so meaningful:

From the SWG voting site: https://topg.org/server-tarkin-s-revenge-id511391

We are a small group and solo experience server, with a staff that is actively focused on providing a fun, realistic roleplay environment. Our development team implements new content geared towards a realistic Star Wars experience.

We want players to have the base game they love, with some quality of life adjustments to make their time in game much more rich and fulfilling.

Buffs are much, much lower than you will find on other servers.  Reduced buffs makes content a lot harder, and you need to actively manage your secondary stats through stat migration and food/drink in order to be most successful in combat. “C” and “D” crafted doctor buffs have been completely eliminated.

Player cities as you know them do not exist on Tarkin’s Revenge. There are currently three cities you can settle in – Coronet, Theed, and Mos Entha. 

We want players to run into one another and interact. We also have a friendly, fun galaxy chat in addition to an active Discord. 

What got me to play here? Honestly this:

This is just the beginning of your new Star Wars story... give us a try, you won’t be disappointed.

I have had such a fun time. Things are not easy, but they're not overwhelming. Professions are actually cool to try, and the activity of the player base seems more than enough to keep the markets open and continuing steadily. Armor and Weapon repairs can easily be achieved through asking in Discord with a 24-hour turn around most times.

Do I wish there were more people around? Sure I do! However, the quality of folk playing I would not change for a larger quantity of folk.

I played many SWG emulators/server, spent the most time in SWGEmu but towards the end I was unhappy most of the time. Since being here I want to play again, things are fun, and people are fabulawsome!

Edited by Ego Sum Singularitas
  • Like 1

Short answer, Yes. Longer Answer? Below.

I am pleased with the work we've done and we can operate forever at our current overhead and that was the goal, to establish a place that our friends and extended star wars family could always come back to and play. I know that I would love to see more people enjoy the content that Lia has put so much time into creating for people and the folks that play and enjoy things are what keep this project satisfying for us.

When we started this project I said I didn't care if we had 5 people playing or 5000, I committed to building systems that could transition to support whichever demand we have and enjoy playing here with my wife and partner and our friends and people who like playing Star Wars Galaxies the way we are happy to provide.

I love Tarkin and vowed to support this place for as long as Lia and I could and we built it from the ground up again in such a way that we wouldn't be reliant on community donations (they help and we appreciate every single one) and we are well set to provide Tarkin as a home for people even if they drift to explore other communities. 

All those words said, if you have something to suggest to bring more people into the fold, I have an open PM box or you can post it here.

I do have a suggestion, bring back C and D buffs.

22 minutes ago, Paribo said:

I do have a suggestion, bring back C and D buffs.

Judging by the number of people who are still playing without the need for C and D buffs I don’t see this as a viable change as it’s something that has been a cornerstone for Tarkin since the ProjectSWG days. 

Players have made some some pretty awesome food and buff packs that have allowed them to push buff values pretty dang high. 

7 hours ago, ParadymShift said:

Judging by the number of people who are still playing without the need for C and D buffs I don’t see this as a viable change as it’s something that has been a cornerstone for Tarkin since the ProjectSWG days. 

Players have made some some pretty awesome food and buff packs that have allowed them to push buff values pretty dang high. 

I can say that with 44 days on the server today, I have experienced quite a bit of content and feel that the difficulty brought about by the buffs feels just right!

Things aren't on easy mode, I have to plan before jumping into things, I enjoy waiting for friends, guild members, or others to call to go and do content together... all-in-all having a great time whether living or dying.

OIKbhcG.jpg

Sorry you said that ParadymShift.  If you are referring to the usual 10-15 players when you say "judging by the number of people still playing  without the need for C and D buffs", more power to you.  I remember when Kinshi said if we could get 40 players consistently, he would keep the server going. A special player meeting was called, but 40 players could not be gotten, so the server shut down. It seems rather obvious to me that something is wrong with Tarkin 2, but you are the owner, you can do whatever you want.  And you can do it without me. Perhaps one day you too will realize that something is wrong with Tarkin 2. All I ever wanted on Tarkin 2 was a Jedi. Comments have been made by staff members that Jedi are not an alpha class on Tarkin 2, so there is no reason for me to stay.  Perhaps Jedi have been altered as much as the rest of the game, I don't know. Tarkin 2 still requires the village, which offers completely useless skills for Jedi.  The village needs to be deleted from the game imho, and another server has headed in that direction by offering a quest after the village is completed to refund all 24 skill points required to complete the village. I think the next step for them is to eliminate the village completely.

I've made a good suggestion to try and increase the player population, however it was not accepted.  Good bye.

I don't see how stim C and D's are related to pulling people in when it flies in the face of minimizing number creep in the game as buffs are concerned. Insofar as jedi are concerned, making them alpha beyond the benefits they already enjoy (damage type that is virtually unresisted by many things and armors in the game) the Village is an interesting animal and with it's cycles it does act as a gate to the glowbat waving but as we've said in the past with so much of that changing in the Emu code base with our small (one person with occasional code contributors) development team it is hugely impractical to chase it around.

We've made our vision for Jedi very clear since we were asked about it and I don't think we've strayed from that vision or made any sweeping changes (read none beyond visibility changes some of which benefit jedi in groups)

Kinshi did call a meeting much like that while he was paying a great deal out of pocket and was burned out from doing nonstop development in a fluid codebase, we aren't in such a position and built the place from the ground up to avoid being in a position like that. I hope that you find what you are looking for and the concept of a quest that restores those skill points is interesting, should you change your mind we will still be here. 

• Haha 1