MisterVertigo

Anyone Use Mods?

Posted (edited)

Hey all! I played SWG for YEARS but I never dabbled in modding it all. Over the years I've modded the HELL out of other games I play (you know, "mod it 'till it breaks") so I was wondering what you guys have done in SWG. As much as I adore Star Wars and this game, the 15 year old graphics do start to show their age. Have any of you every used any texture mods or anything like that? If so, will they work here?

EDIT: I found this, don't know if anyone's played with it before: https://www.reddit.com/r/swgemu/comments/8v3d3z/swgemu_modpack/

Edited by MisterVertigo
  • Thanks 1

@Skolten is our UI modding Wizard, I've basically been using his UI and mod pack for some time that was compiled from a few sources, need to bug him to get that up here. 🙂

Ill get that up here soon, i will also be adding my new HAM UI modifications here and on mod the galaxy soon.

You can find the current version of my HAM UI here. But i will be releasing the updated version over the weekend hopefully.

https://modthegalaxy.com/index.php?threads/ham-ui-upgrade-updated-16-feb-2019.1216/

Posted (edited)

I am going to give the ILM a try.  Once I find it 😉

Edited by Lateris

Posted (edited)

I couldn't find it so I went with  the SWGEmu Mod pack which is soooo fantastic. I also enabled anti alias and other settings in my nvidia control panel for SWG Tarkin. Looks amazing.  Othi I have had no issues with it so far.  TY! 

SWG Mod Pack

Edited by Lateris

On 3/29/2019 at 3:35 PM, Skolten said:

Ill get that up here soon, i will also be adding my new HAM UI modifications here and on mod the galaxy soon.

You can find the current version of my HAM UI here. But i will be releasing the updated version over the weekend hopefully.

https://modthegalaxy.com/index.php?threads/ham-ui-upgrade-updated-16-feb-2019.1216/

Skolten, I was using the EQSanctum MOD Pack which has the Skolten Flat HAM UI but I had to uninstall due to issues with the color blue on the mind not reflecting properly.

I died more than once  because it appeared that the mind was full when in reality it was all the way down.

I play at a refresh rate of 60 hz on a resolution 3840x2160 in my 55" TV.

Interestingly... I was playing in the EMU with the same MOD Pack installed and I don't recall ever having issues.

As a means to remedy the issue, is it possible to have the background color of the HAM to either:

1. Show x/x  value of HAM

2. Show %/%  value of HAM

3. Tweak the transparency so that the loss of HAM is more apparent

I have no idea how difficult those things are, but if it is possible it would be very helpful.

Below are 2 examples showing the issue:

image.png.9f575f8b65b3a2df596f636d9fce64e8.png

At first glance, the transparency on the RED is very pronounced and can be seen well.

The GREEN is not as transparent, but again shows little-to-no issue with visibility.

However, the BLUE, the lower the value on the bar -with almost no transparency- it seems to mix into the color and get lost to the eye.

Below is a view of more than 50% MIND loss, the values are shown in the screenshot as well:

image.png.05f16b840af4fbe5a0b8842ca57a4c60.png

As you can see, you can hardly tell that there is any MIND missing, which is the issue at hand, where I have died due to believing the bar was fine!

• Thanks 2

Just an FYI - any mod involving icons or palettes has the potential to conflict with our custom icons & palettes!