Sign in to follow this  
ParadymShift

So what are you doing with your four character slots?

I've been mulling over what I am going to do and it's so hard to decide, I know for certain I am going to need the following.

Komrk - Armorsmith/crafter jack of all trades

Icav - Pistols/Bh

Then I need to have a stacker, that will probably happen on Connie, leaving me with one free character and I am torn. I liked having my SL around for base busting to combo out with but I am torn on what to do with my fourth slot...Do I embrace the darkside and risk getting stabbed by Lia by creating a jedi? Or do I play something I haven't played before. (Commando I am looking at you.)

Don't do it.... 😄

I'll have Liakhara, my swordsman/ranger, Bindi'i my swordsman stacker, Walter, my uh... some form of crafter, I haven't decided yet, and........ I dunno.  BE/CH usually grabs me for my fourth.  If I go that direction, it will be Rasheba.  Don't make me forego her in favor of Azira, the BH.  I don't want another BH.

Posted (edited)

Only got two real ideas floating around right now, the other two are up in the air. Names are still WiP.

A Commando/Smuggler. Probably not gonna Pre-Slice anything I make, but really interested in trying out the drug trade.

A Crafter of some sort, most likely armor or weapons

A Ranger, which I haven't decided on Rifle Marksman or a Melee profession. 

And finally I am thinking of a Jedi, just to see what it is like gameplay wise, and what true fear feels like as Icav and Azira hunt me down.

Edited by Axyzed
Updated

My new love for the commando stacker will follow me to Tarkins Revenge. The Crafter will highly likely be Architect, Merchant, Master Artisan and eventually Shipwright. For PvP a pure group support build and 4th character will be a ranger type.

Commando XX4X, Fencer X44X, Pistoleer XX4X, TKA X4X4, Medic 21XX.
Master Combat Medic, TKA 4314.
Architect, Artisan, Merchant 4X34, (Shipwright).
Master Swordsman, Ranger XX3X, Medic 2XXX, CH 4X24.

Does merchant take points? 

Gonna do a ws/sm/merchant, doc/sl, stacker and idunno... names shall be determined upon creation. 😊... might have a mayor in there somewhere also.

My first character will be a throwback to my old character from my days on Starsider. A human Master Commando. BIG GUNS KICK THE HELL OUT OF YOU!

I'll probably also reincarnate my old Twi'lek architect because I like to build things where I don't have to stress about the quality!

I'm not sure about the other two. I know I'll have a Rodian because Rodian. I may make him a scout/rifleman/bouty hunter. I know, real original. We'll see. I may also make a Doctor of some kind too just because. We'll have to see!

Hagen Nor'ak: Master Commando/ TKM (I think I can still get medic with that...)

Ilad Raken: Imperial. I want to do something with Squad leader and CM. This is going to be my bigger RP character.

Sometype of crafter and maybe a cheesebot rebel. We'll see what I have time for.

Have a good one,

Hagen

I'm gonna do Sarkin <surname not found yet>, Rifleman Ranger.... That's about all I got so far. Maybe I'll make an architect?

Yeah I'm pretty boring.

I have time for only one character, and I'm not sure at all what it's going to be. Nor do I even know what options I have.

I may take the plunge and go for a Jedi.

As I understand it, it's extremely difficult and takes a while.

I was under the impression that Jedi was a starting class, but I did not see it.

In NGE Jedi were made a starting class, in pre-cu, which is what the server is based on, it's a pretty lengthy journey to be able to play a Jedi character, which itself is also a fairly risky profession to play as since if you expose yourself as a Jedi too much, bounty hunters can end up with bounties on your head. 

As I understand it now, the Jedi system has not been implemented her yet.

Now I have no idea what I will do.

Yes, Jedi is implemented here.  You have to go through the process to get "glowy" and then go through the village.  It's an extensive, month-long process to get your first jedi boxes, and then a hefty grind of the class after that.  You can google guides on the Village system, it is the same here as it is implemented on Basilisk.

8 hours ago, Spooner said:

Is this process explain somewhere?

As far as I know, SWGEmu folks implemented it the same way as it was in the original game - here's a guide from back then: https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070127174504/

We haven't made any changes from Basilisk as far as how to get a jedi.  If someone knows of a better guide, please feel free to post.  I've never had a jedi.

Are you certain that the ability to become a Jedi is live here?

Yes, though this is a pre-cu server and Lia can speak pretty conclusively about it's presence on the server as she did all of the configuration and development and adjustment to Core3 to build up Tarkin.

unknown.png

The process is pretty involved but the guide she linked is pretty accurate. https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204416 this link should also be useful as we are stock EMU for Jedi acquisition, the only differences here are the changes in visibility and saberblock as outlined in our Jedi thread.