Director

A Special Announcement

Director

3YoeB3W.png

Tarkin has always been a special place for Lia and I, we met in 2013 in the small corner of the internet that housed SWGCanon (later renamed to Tarkin), and grew to love each other. Now we are engaged and will be married this year. Tarkin provided us with a place to explore a world with which we were both familiar, but which had been shaped in such a way to provide a new challenge for experienced solo players and small groups. We decided last fall that we were going to make this project work again, and here we are.

This project has been a labor of love, and without the following people none of this would have been possible.

Kinshi, for giving us a place to call home, a unique vision of what Galaxies could be and for pulling us all together. He laid a foundation that we’ve built upon and grown with, providing us with design and development principles that have kept us moving forward over the years.

Tatwi, for being a boss and coming out of retirement to help us with so much functionality, working on both the launcher and tools for us to help administrate the server, and just making all of our lives easier with quality of life fixes to things we smashed at with rocks.

Skolten, for being a wizard with graphics when none of us have wanted to do any forum theming, designing all our images, and for being my favorite person to compete with in a server market. 

Wol, Gurgi, Zetlaux, Devereux, Taylaria, and SealGunman, for being with us at various points in Tarkin’s history, developing, designing, breaking things, and helping us make Tarkin a better place for all of us.

After making you all wait so long, we finally have the incredible pleasure to announce that Friday, March 29th at 6:30PM CST we will be opening the server for play. Registration is open now at https://register.tarkinswg.com/login.php

I have the pleasure of speaking for all of us on the team in saying that we all look forward to seeing everyone explore our slice of a galaxy far far away and see it with the same awe and eyes that we all had when we first started exploring it.

-Paradym

• Like 2
Director

I didn't want to make the first post a big mess of thanks but without some of the targetted feedback we got from our team of Beta Testers, some of our group dungeons and other dungeons would not have come together as cleanly as they did.

Axyzed, Beardsly, Eeklo, Ferdewyn, Garamoore, Gurgi1970, Kneels, SealGunman, Spin152, Zandor, Kronet, Nati and Tay. We'll be indebted for your testing and feedback .

Launcher details and client details to come!

• Like 2

Happy for you both! Looking forward to playing here. Lia you are amazing for all you have done! You to Icav for your support and work as well. Also I've said it before but congratulations for your upcoming wedding!

• Like 1
Ego Sum Singularitas

As a new member to the server I must say, I am having so much fun. I cannot fathom what went into the making and what goes into keeping things up, etc., but thank you.