Onafa

Night Sister Vibro Motor

So I woke up this morning and was excited to see one of my guild members looted a NS motor and put it into my drop off box.   But upon examine I was highly disappointed.  Now I know some of the other stats are better than the example of a better crafted one that I made.  If you add the min+max damages of both together the NS motor is only slightly better.  If the NS motors are going to remain this rare then shouldn't they be better than a crafted enhanced version?  I think I've looted 4 sets of NS motors in my time here since Aug 2019, the best having I think 97 max damage.  I'd say that I do a fair amount of Nightsister hunting.

The resource I used for my example of the crafted motor was SB Desh copper and a pretty decent Platinite copper and a +25 vibro enhancement to max damage.  So it has some slight room for improvement.  

Only thing I would recommend is a change to the low end of the damage spawns to be slightly better than a crafter's best.  I would hate to use that in a weapon for someone.

Players using a Vibro weapon (Fencer/TK or Pikeman) have a hard enough time making a great weapon.  I was chatting just yesterday I think with Smiles in game about Blasterfists.  I explained to him on how rare a NS motor was plus the time needed to go get a schematic and sub component.  I think he was considering changing professions, but that is a question for him.

These are just my thoughts and I welcome other insight from fellow Weaponsmiths.

NS Vibro Unit.jpg

ADV Vibro Blade Unit.jpg

What are you suggesting here?  You ask, if NS motors are going to be this rare, shouldn't they be better than crafted enhanced version?  But as you show here, even an unluckily inferior stat looted one is better than the crafted enhanced one in every way unless you look at max damage by itself which doesn't make sense.

I feel your pain though, I have looted one stack of motors after killing hundreds of nightsisters, and NS elders seem to drop nothing or junk most of the time.  So it seems like loot chances on certain NS should change if anything to make it feel worth your while to take the risk of fighting them.  Especially with those nasty force chokes 😝

I haven't been playing here for a long time, so maybe I just haven't seen it yet, but it seems like the looted weapon enhancements are toned down a bit from the high end, and I like that as it keeps power level in line and people can't get ridiculous Uber weapons from insane tissues/bones/motors.  So seems a good idea to be careful about scaling up how good these things can get.

I recommended that it not be allowed to spawn lower than a crafted one (third paragraph).  As in max damage can not be lower than x amount, even if it starts at the best craft able.  A minor tweak.  

I concur but believe that maybe there should be a loot table review, it is very disheartening to kill end POI mobs of 250k HAM, just to loot CDEF weapons or a few hundred credits. I know how statistics work and believe that some of the loot tables in the POIs are off. Some instances drop too many schematics/parts while other drop none after a few weeks farming. But to not side track this, again I do concur that I always feel bad having to make any vibro motor weapons and concur that the NS motors should at least be moderately better than SB crafted.. I have also yet to kill a NYM's Droidekka and get a motor either.

Imho the DR needs bumped again. I'm not saying every drop should be a motor. however if I manage to spend an hour plus in a POI, i should come out with more than Crystal's and deco.  I understand RNGESUS is a fickle bitch, but the other night the wife and i managed to kill an elder for a reinforced jacket and some credits.  A motor would have been sweet. Perhaps it's that rngesus hates my fighters. 🤣

The above post was me, wasn't until after it posted I noticed the kid signed in. I will have to look into that..however I digress.  As far as motors go, I wouldn't mind the drop motors being rare af..IF the craft in sub comps dropped in usable stacks and stats.. a speed reduction crafted into the motor is nice... but not when I know I have a 95% of getting a speed slice on the end result.  That being said, I have not farmed nyms guys for the enhancers in a minute.