Sign in to follow this  
Nati

Twilek

I just had a quick wish, and it being Christmas I figured it's the best time to ask. Twi kinda suck at... Everything... Statistically. They are based around entertaining and yet have the worst stats for it. Combat wise they lack in effective mind stats. And for crafting, well they got nothing for it. 

My Christmas wish would be for maybe a stat rebalance, just the numbers, I can handle not being good at anything aside from slave entertainment. Even if we just subtract from Action Max and Health/Con Max to get a couple hundred more Focus/Willpower and maybe even Stamina... It would go a long way to helping the race be something truly useable.

And if we are talking lottery wish.. something CH wise for bonuses so I don't have to be ugly (Itho) or a walking Carpet (wookiee), that would be a dream.

This change would fall in line with our "all choices that are appearance based should be cosmetic" Let me move this to the proper forum and we can talk about this.

I'm on board with looking at the stat caps for twi'lek and making them suck less, and be more in line with other races. 

The racial bonuses though... eeehhh... I mean, I too would like CH bonuses and don't want to play an Ithorian or Wookiee, but at that point you run into the problem of:

1) you can't give all bonuses to all races to accommodate what all people want to play
2) taking bonuses away from everyone to make everyone "equal" isn't a very nice option
3) there is no existing code that would allow new players to pick whatever 2 bonuses they want (though that would be cool if anyone ever did it....)
4) arbitrarily taking CH bonus away from one race to give it to another will only anger people who DID want to play that race with that bonus

So unfortunately I'm going to have to say "no" to that one.  There's just no way to balance it for what each individual might want, unless somebody figures out a way to code #3.

But be advised, your comment about combat and mind stats - we have added the ability for stims to heal mind damage, so mind damage is not the end-all-be-all in combat here.

I totally understand where you're coming from in a balance, people's likes and coding issues stand point. 

Just having a stat change I know would be a huge issue fix for Twi. And I totally forgot about stims healing mind. 

With needing to stick with Itho or Wook for CH bonuses, is the armour for their races still the same. Kind of tree-ish for wookiee and weird composite for Itho? I mainly ask because if I don't ever leave my armour it would solve a handful of looks issues, as long as the armour looked decent lol.

Edited by Nati

Wookiee and Ithorian each have three sets of armor, all of which (along with all other armors) are the same, stat-wise, assuming equally good resources go into making them.  

• Like 1

Raised the secondary stat caps slightly for Twi'lek.  You still have the same # of points as before (and almost all races have that same number of points), you just have more wiggle room now in where you want to put the points.

Twilek Stats.JPG